DIDG’s Mission Statement
To make Zimbabwe a provider of world class domestic infrastructure and become the regional capital by integrating regional economic infrastructure.
Drive privatization of government agencies or parastatals and to invest and renew Zimbabwe’s critical infrastructure through DIDG.
Diaspora Infrastructure Development Group (“DIDG”) is a company founded and duly incorporated in Zimbabwe and South Africa spearheaded largely by Zimbabwean Diasporas based in South Africa with the long term plan of expanding shareholder base to Diasporans in any other jurisdictions globally as well as Zimbabwean residents. DIDG’s principle motive is to establish ways that will unlock foreign capital inflows and know-how towards the development of Zimbabwe’s infrastructure.
DIDG is not a fund but rather an investment holding company that aims to hold equity and control in the assets to be privatized. Our strategic intent is to be the investment vehicle for all diasporans seeking to participate in Zimbabwes public sector infrastructure development programs.
Measurable Operational Outcomes
- DIDG will develop its measurement, monitoring and performance evaluation of its implementation of the vision and consequentially achieving its mission around the following actions:
- Identification and formal engagement with the government on target parastatals;
- Feasibility studies initiated and also concluded;
- Development projects initiated with fully funded solutions;
- International cooperation agreements on development of these privatised assets with international investors;
- Mobilisation and quantifiable level of participation by Diaspora and local Zimbabweans;
- Number of economic policies developed with key assistance and advisory by DIDG that would help enable the attraction of foreign direct investment; and
- Service delivery improvement by the privatised asset owned or controlled by DIDG.
The founders of DIDG boast a broad range of skills, experience and capabilities with all the members having been involved in entrepreneurship and starting up a number of successful companies in Zimbabwe and the rest of the world. They have experience working with local, regional and international finance institutions. Between them they have amassed expertise in the sourcing of funding, leading large scale capital projects as well as working with original equipment manufacturers (OEM’s) to provide fully funded technical solutions to large industrial and infrastructure projects with combined capex budgets over US$2 billion. View team